Thursday, September 18, 2008

winter liberation

Got a new hair cut today. I have a fringe, which apparently makes me look for youthful. Gosh, I'm only 24, and I need to look more youthful. The future is grim.

I removed my winter sheath while I was at it - legs, arm-pits and bikini-line. Georgina, my hair-dresser/beautician, asked me whether I was still doing that liberated thing, and I told her that I wasn't sure. I lay back and raised my arms so she could get to the eco-system growing in my arm-pits. Georgina said, "Oh my goodness! We'll need to trim that back before we can start with the wax!" The under-arms didn't hurt nearly as much as you'd expect - given that she was ripping out the coursest hair from my body by the roots. I guess I've done it so many times now, I don't feel it anymore. Perhaps my nerves are damaged.

So no, I don't think I'm doing that liberated thing anymore. Liberation only occurs over the winter.

No comments: